Recently I've been trying to surround myself in a little bubble of positivity (you might've noticed) and I think I'm doing a pretty good job. I've been trying to not care so much about things that don't matter (story of my life kid) and use the energy that I've saved from not worrying so much and put it into my music, my health and my relationships with family and friends. I'm a happy lil nugget ~ ~ ~
Here's some things I've been ~working on~ :
~/DEMO/~ ROOKIE.COFFEE ~ : this is a lil song I've written for uni. I'm proud of it because I thought I was dumb for ages but I wrote this and it's not so dumb I don't think. I think it'll definitely benefit from some kind of harmony/cello/**atmos** or something but I just wanted to have this demo as a blank canvas kinda thing you know. I wrote the lyrics up on here a couple of posts ago. I think.
~ rock me ~ one direction cover ~ : I LOVE this song, so much, it is so genius, the chorus urgh just kill me. I've written about it before, see below somewhere. I wanted to try something lo-fi and creepy you know, something with weirdo noises and shitty singing. I like this but man oh man the mix is so shit. Not even like phat-shit just like normal shit. I would listen in headphones if I were you.
I hope you like this stuff. I feel like covers are really underrated as a learning exercise - like I feel like it's a quick and accessible way to improve your skills in arranging and production and stuff like that. Plus it's really really wonderful to sing songs that you love and put your own lil spin on things.
That's me before our Gospel choir assessment/performance last night. Lately I've been wearing black a lot *gasp* and I've found that it really helps me embrace my inner badass bitch you know. I love the idea of wearing an entirely black outfit and going about your day with a flawless badass bitch attitude because I am probably the furthest thing ever from a badass bitch. I had to conduct my own piece the other day for one of my uni classes and they were professional musicians and everything and I woke up and was just like fuck this and wore a black-like-my-soul killer dress and everything. I mean I still felt like I was going to throw up and pass out at the same time just before I had to do my thang but I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror in my gothic glory and whispered "you're a badass bitch you're a badass bitch you're a badass bitch" and the whole thing went just fine. Phew.
Anyway yeah last night we did our assessment thing and then we went out for dumplings at this creepy place that plays this terrifying version of Happy Birthday if you say that it's your birthday and everything is like MSG-sodium-sugar-oil wonderland and it's always really fun and rowdy. Then we went to Brunswick at the good ol' boyz noize bar and I thought about the first time I went there last year and it was just Lewis holding two pints and Henry dressed up as a sailor DJing for free drinks in this huge empty room and I just love that stupid place ya know. Then we were going to go to this party but it got shut down or something so we followed our little graffiti pixie Rory as he sprinted up Sydney Rd towards this soccer park. We sat there for ages laughing a lot and looking at the stars and talking about nothing and I felt like a proper fifteen year old which was a really nice feeling. Then mostly people wanted to get kebabs or something and we were kinda tired so we went home. It was a stupid night by all accounts but I love stupid nights like that.
OH BEFORE I FORGET Frida is doing a residency at the Evelyn!!! Have I told you that yet? I don't know whatever. Here's the FB event and here's a poster!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment