Remember yesterday when I said that I couldn't listen to too much music with lyrics these days? OK well today that trend was abolished when I went a'searching for some music that I didn't have to think about to listen to. I stumbled across Ed Sheeran on Spotify today, and am happy that I did. He's great, looksee:
Ahh, pop music. It holds a special little place in my heart and soul. A place where there's no shame and it's cool to know all the words to We Like To Party by the Vengaboys. Ed Sheeran is nice, refreshing pop too, which comes along once in a while. The hilarious thing is, everyone is always surprised by it and it becomes like monumentally popular as if no one has ever been moved by music before. Think, like, Adele: 'Oh my God, a song with just piano? And the lyrics...they're...sad? Honest? What? I'm feeling real emotions?...I don't know what this is, but I like it!'
Music is just the best thing, don't you think? It literally appeals to anyone ever at any time, any age, any walk of life. My musical tastes are impossible to define because I tend to just fall in love with everything, which is why I think I'm a little overwhelmed right now. I saw The Sound of Music a few weeks ago; I wish I could remember the exact quote but I think Maria was talking to the nuns about having so much love and not knowing what to do with it all. That's kind of the way I feel about music at the moment. Even today, sitting in my room being very serious about jazz it just kind of struck me, what I was doing - and it's just exactly what I wanted to be doing, this time last year. It's just want I want to be doing right now, just inhaling music and sounds all the time.
I'll take the exams and the tests and I'll try my best and everything because it just means more noise for me to sift through and count as sacred. I love my uni so much because even though we have the formal exams and everything, a sliver of the pounding creative heart of this place still worms its way into the stuff we're actually tested on. A lot of it is kind of like 'when you play music, especially JAZZ, you can pretty much do whatever you want. But here are the reasons why, and how it can work, and that's what you need to know. Also know how to draw a cow because you will be marked on that.' True story. It's all relative.
"Music is just the best thing, don't you think?"
ReplyDeleteNo way, sliced bread is the best thing.
sliced bread is also a best thing. there are lots of best things, lots of them food-related. but music is THE best thing.
ReplyDeletehttp://imgur.com/h5tLW
ReplyDeleteTHE best of two worlds. Could make a lot of dough with this.