Thursday, 10 January 2013

I always think lots about this one person who I'm pretty sure doesn't like me very much, because of a whole lotta misunderstandings and not because either of us did anything wrong at all. Then I think about a negative comment someone left on one of Nebraskatak's videos on YouTube about a month ago. Then I think about all the bad songs I've ever written (a lot) and all the weight I've gained (imagined or otherwise) and all the gigs I've played to no one when my voice is poor and I make mistakes.

I hope that person who doesn't like me is happier now in their situation than what they were when we met, because no one's love is any greater or lesser than anyone else's. I hope I remember to remember that bad songs and bad gigs are the stepping stones to good songs and good gigs, and also that weight is a number and numbers are only used on things that can be contained - they are cages that cannot measure happiness or freedom. And also, no matter what I write or say or perform or wear, there will be people who will not like it and I had better get used to it. 

My brain is a constant see-saw between these two. One day, I hope to always be hopeful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment