Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Sine-a-long

I am happily sitting on trains again back and forthing to uni, I just didn't realise how much I've missed that wonderful electric place. Today at uni we were playing with sine waves, and weird, completely computerised, self-made sounds (with this program, if you're interested), which was fun. I do get a little concerned when my teacher rails off numbers and methods and my classmates take it all in with a single nod (for the record I do NOT know how to computer, OR how to maths) but when it came to the crunch my computer made a mostly awful sound, which was echoed in a mighty chorus of rookie sine wave noise ("eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"), piercing our eardrums most satisfactorily.

Getting on board a different train of thought, I've been working on some music the last couple of nights that has kept me quite occupied. It started out being a song with a piano accompaniment and now it's more of a piano piece with little bits of voice here and there. Speaking of, here are some examples of why pianos are better than most things in the world.


I know Let It Be is an obvious one but I was reminded of it yesterday when I found a cool copy of the sheet music at Savers (terrible picture but you get it). I also got a couple of Signet Shakespeares, which is so exciting because they look so pretty. My man of brown velvet also got two volumes of a book called 'How To Succeed in a Man's World', the purchase of which I perhaps thoughtlessly encouraged...it holds such gems as 'Odd as it may appear, try to think of every woman as fragile, helpless, or old.' I am indignant on behalf of my gender, but sadly I have always viewed myself, sighing dramatically, as each of these things!
               

No comments:

Post a Comment