Sunday, 2 September 2012

Sleep now, under my skin

Well wow, it's been a kickin' past few days. 



So yeah like I said, the universe somehow sent me to the Beach Boys on Friday night, which was a funny experience. I mean the sound was quite remarkable, their voices quite a lot better than I was expecting and their seven-piece backing band was shit hot. Lewis and I sat side by side, surveying the grand sea of middle aged to pension-ated heads before us, swaying tentatively in time as Mike Love creepily pulled the same dance moves he did fifty years ago...I don't know. Something absurd, something uneasy about Brian Wilson in a black hoodie, looking bewildered and sad at the piano, something not quite right about 70 year old men singing songs that are defined by their youthfulness and innocence. But like I said, the sound was great. So I don't know. Either way it was fun to be the youngest people there, my friend Adam standing confidently and unassisted in the middle of the arena seating, dancing quite vehemently as we followed suit, being rowdy and silly in a crowd of old old old. 

Remember how I said we played at Red Bennies the other night? Well there's some VIDEOS to prove it! Alright! 


It's weird to think that there are people out there who don't actually know me, but read my blog, and have never seen me, like, move, or talk, or something, and those videos are the first thing they see...that and the stupid pictures I take of myself on Photobooth in front of Disneyland. But anyway, that's me, at an unflattering angle, with wonky fake eyelashes and weird dance moves. Me. How ya doin'. 

I also wrote this for uni. It's not done yet, but I do quite like it, in that way that you like things when you first do them. Ask me tomorrow and you might get a different answer. http://soundcloud.com/eilishgilligan/ragdoll-demo 

What else? Well, the sun was out today, and has been out for the past week or so, I feel like I've suddenly shaken off some big winter and can't believe I stayed with it for so long. I've been running and wearing high heels and giggling and making faces with four year olds and catching the train with footy crowds and thinking how lovely that is. How lovely everything is and how lucky I am. The universe has been so good to me and I am suddenly perfectly aware of this!

Here are some pictures of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, because the song Oh Yoko! is beautiful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment