Trying to be Lana Del Rey
^^ It's the last week of semester and the above pictures are of my study area and of myself during this bewildering period of my life - I've never been the type to crave sitting and doing nothing but recently it's been the only thing I've wanted to do!
I feel like I'm living a double life this year - I'm a student, but I'm working and sustaining myself through music and playing in bands and writing and being 22 and it's all very wonderful, if a little confusing. I sometimes wonder if deciding to do Honours was the right thing - I really, really think it was, certainly it was when it first came about, because I was so scared of the 'real world' etc...I'm not so scared now, because I have jobs that are music-related and ~*prospects*~ and I wish I hadn't sold myself so short by being to afraid last year...does that make sense? Honours has been great so far, don't get me wrong - I am literally recording my debut EP for Honours in two weeks with two of the most wonderful creatives I know - BUT, I know that I will be ready (as I'll ever be) to make my real-world debut come October...
That whole paragraph is a total blur to me!! My brain is so fried right now. As usual, lots of Frida things have coincided with end of semester symposiums, work, family events, birthdays etc. My Lewis is just as crazed as I am, and with tours looming we will be apart for a coupla weekends (and LITERALLY dying because we're watching Twin Peaks together and both of us have never seen it OK so no spoilers!!!).
Some time to myself is welcome, but as I get older I have found that I rather the company of others to that of my own. Rather, I like to know that people are around, awake, doing this and that while I hang out too...is this why I like listening to podcasts all the time and watching obscure vloggers on YouTube? You guys don't know the half of my obsession with YouTube, by the way. There is something so therapeutic about watching someone talk about their lives to a camera...
OK I need to be done with this right now, getting into ramble territory. I'm gonna go watch some YouTube...


you babe! xx
ReplyDelete