Sunday, 28 April 2013
Peppermint tea and sympathy
I am spending nights in a messy bedroom, in my lover's arms, on rooftops, in my car, on trains, on steep dirt hills and practice rooms and stages and backstages and public bathrooms and alleyways and 24/7 convenience stores.
I miss the times when I used to call my mama and my papa at 11pm (~so late~) when I was on a sleepover in primary school, crying about how I wanted to come home and how I felt so sick and scared and my friend's mum doesn't have any peppermint tea to calm me down.
When I was a little girl I worried about spending the night away from home and I thought that was the worst thing in the world - it WAS the worst thing in my world. Now I drive alone and pay for the petrol and go to the bank and drink coffee and worry about my weight (clearly I still worry about stupid things). I love and laugh and cry and think and write and run and lie in bed with friends holding hands and giggling, with the doona right up to our eyes. I still wish on stars and wonder if I'll feel like home in India when I look up at the sky and see the same moon that hangs above my mum and dad in Australia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment