I am in the studio with Nebraskatak this week, recording our debut EP. Here are a couple of shots...
I am incredibly busy for the next few weeks, like I've been saying. There is recording, Christmas, then Boxing Day-Christmas, then straight to Falls, to Sydney, to home to consecutive gigs...but I will try to check in with you guys on a semi-regular basis at least! The band also got some WONDERFUL news this week which I will announce when everything is confirmed...I actually cried a little bit when this email came through, like real tears. Oh my.
I walked into Lewis's house the last night to find him wearing a denim apron (yeah, denim), cooking a glorious dinner of from-scratch pizza and creme brulee, to mark our half a year of being giddily in love with each other.
During the waiting around of recording I have been reading Animal Farm by George Orwell and really enjoying it...
Around all these lovely activities, I have been missing my Mum, calling her up in breaks at the studio just to say 'Watcha doing?' I have been making cookies for the masses, riling up Soda, laughing at my shuddering car, writing songs, getting goosebumps in my sleep, dreaming about rabbits and bookshops and crying happy tears. I have been craving meat, smelling Christmas, thinking about the future and videoing myself dancing to Taylor Swift, knowing that it'll be funny one day.

which studio is that?! it looks incredible!
ReplyDeleteit is just beautiful! it's called the basin studios, it's just out of melbourne kinda near dandenong. gorgeous!
ReplyDelete